11 March 2009

The 90s


Does anyone else miss the 90s? I sure do. I spent a good portion of my time today watching 90s flashback videos on YouTube, remembering the days when Nickelodeon was worth watching. I miss the good shows on TV, and the awesome toys, remember slip-n-slide? I vote we bring back the 90s for about a month, well everything except maybe the style... Then we can go back to the 21st century. Who is with me?

Here are some things I miss:

Being sick in bed and getting to watch these shows until 2pm:

Allegra's Window 
Angelina Ballerina 
Bob the Builder 
DangerMouse 
Eureeka's Castle 
Franklin 
Mr Rogers Neighborhood
Gullah Gullah Island  
Kipper 
Little Bear 
Little Bill 
My Little Pony
Maisy 
Maple Town 
Maya the Bee 
Mark Kistler's Imagination Station (He came to Redding once and we went and took a class!)
Maggie and the Ferocious Beast 
Oobi 
Oswald 
Rubbadubbers 
Rugrats 
Rupert Bear 
Shining Time Station 
Strawberry Shortcake 
The Busy World of Richard Scarry 
Thomas the Tank Engine & Friends  
Reading Rainbow 
Wishbone 

Getting home from school and getting to watch these shows:

Rocko's Modern Life
Kenan and Kell
Full House
Animaniacs
Are You Afraid of the Dark
Salute Your Shorts
Inspector Gadget
Clarissa Explains it All
Double Dare
Smurfs
Figure it Out
Goosebumps
Legends of the Hidden Temple
Wild and Crazy Kids
CatDog
Boy Meets World
Clueless
Sabrina the Teenage Witch
Ah! Real Monsters
Rugrats
Hey Arnold
All That
Doug
KaBlam
Alex Mack
Power Rangers
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
As Told By Ginger
Ghost Writer
Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego
Fresh Prince
Sister Sister

Remember the original TGIF lineup?

Or One Saturday Morning? 

TV was way better back then. Kids TV sucks these days. 

Toys that I miss:

Slip-n-slide
Legos
Lite-Brite
Etch-a-Sketch
Beanie Babies
Polly Pockets
K'nex
Action Figures
Barbie Dolls
Nano pets
Chia Pets (Not really a toy, but I always thought they were awesome!)
Game Boy
Nintendo 64
Cabbage Patch Kids
Hot Wheels (Leading the way!)
Remote controlled ANYTHING (TYCO, That's how you spell RC!)
Skip it
Pogs
Guess Who
Easybake Oven
Operation
Connect Four
Furbies (I hated those things, but I miss them)
Buzz Lightyear toys
Jurassic Park toys
and lest we forget, Pokemon
Sky Dancers (Those fairy dolls that you could shoot into the air)

Music:
 Nirvana "Smells Like Teen Spirit"
 Backstreet Boys "I Want It That Way"
 Whitney Houston "I Will Always Love You"
 Sir Mix-A-Lot "Baby Got Back"
 Britney Spears "...Baby One More Time"
 TLC"Waterfalls"
Mambo No 5
Let me see that Thong
Red Hot Chili Peppers "Under the Bridge"
MC Hammer "U Can't Touch This"
Destiny's Child "Say My Name"
Hanson "MMMBop"
Celine Dion "My Heart Will Go On"
 Salt-N-Pepa with En Vogue "Whatta Man"
 House of Pain "Jump Around"
 Eminem "My Name Is"
Ricky Martin "Livin' la Vida Loca"
Vanilla Ice "Ice Ice Baby"
*NSYNC "Tearin' Up My Heart"
BLACKstreet "No Diggity"
 Spice Girls "Wannabe"
 C+C Music Factory "Gonna Make You Sweat (Everybody Dance Now)"
Green Day "Good Riddance (Time of Your Life)"
Christina Aguilera "Genie In A Bottle"
 Color Me Badd "I Wanna Sex You Up"
 En Vogue "My Lovin' (You're Never Gonna Get It)"
 The Fugees "Killing Me Softly With His Song"
 Hootie & the Blowfish "Only Wanna Be With You"
Shania Twain "You're Still the One"
 Jewel "Who Will Save Your Soul"
 Sugar Ray "Fly"
 L.L. Cool J "Mama Said Knock You Out"
 Sheryl Crow "All I Wanna Do"
 Will Smith "Gettin' Jiggy Wit It"
 Barenaked Ladies "One Week"
 Marcy Playground "Sex and Candy"
 Cher "Believe"
Lenny Kravitz "American Woman"
Billy Ray Cyrus "Achy Breaky Heart"
 Montell Jordan "This is How We Do It"

Faith Hill "This Kiss"
Sixpence None the Richer "Kiss Me"
Aqua "Barbie Girl"
Sarah McLachlan "Arms of the Angel"
the list goes on and on..

All of it was amazing. I've wasted way too long reminiscing. Let's fight to bring it all back! Or, like I said, a month of remembrance. Put all the good old stuff on TV, including the commercials, lets break out our old toys, not our old belly shirts, or baggy cargo pants, listen to our original NOW CDs, watch our favorite old High School movies, like 10 Things I Hate about You, Can't Hardly Wait, I Know What You Did Last Summer, and it will be a party! 

Does anyone remember Seth Green? :) 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

AYE! The Nineties!

teh luvs,
mDh

Paige said...

amen sister!

Anonymous said...

Lego, K'nex and singing all the songs at an innocent pool party I miss so damnably much. But that episode of Ghost Writer with the little purple creature haunted me for years.

heart,
Dannypoo

Related Posts with Thumbnails