16 August 2009

The British Are Coming




It's been a long time, I know. I haven't had much to blog about. I've been working a ton. But somehow I still have no money. C'est la vie, n'est-ce pas?

Last week was brilliant though, because 5 friends from England we're in Provo, in three separate groups. Let me introduce you to my friends:

Sophronia:

I was at work one day when I saw her walk in. I wasn't sure if it was her, how could it be? How could Sophronia from London actually be eating lunch at Gloria's Little Italy in Provo? But sure enough it was she.


Andi, Darrel and Rex:

I knew Andi at the Brittania ward. He is such a laugh. He and his friend Darrel (and Rex)
are touring the western half of the United States. They were in Provo for a couple days and I had the pleasure of riding around in their convertible and showing them some of the sights in Provo.
I was constantly laughing with them. It's unbelievable how giddy and happy I got after hanging out with them. They made me smile so much. I miss British accents.

I took them to church with me on Sunday and they were a huge hit. When Andi offered a comment in sunday school, every head shot around to find the source of the British accent. My friends Chris and Hot Jeff were in love with them. They invited us all over for dinner after and we sat talking and laughing for a good long time. It was quite a time to be had.

The next morning they took Paige and myself out to breakfast at Kneaders. I think Paige summed it up best in her comment here:

"Riding in convertibles with hot British boys, *sigh* oh my goodness. "


David Perry:

Remember him? I sure have missed him. He was in town for a couple days as well, visiting family. I had the pleasure of spending an afternoon talking with him. Becky was home, for a change, and I was able to share him a bit with her. I have enjoyed sharing my British friends with my American friends the most out of this experience. It's so fun to see them revel in it the way I do. David Perry was excellent company. He was very excited about securing U2 tickets for the friday when he returned home. I baked him a lemon cake - it is his favorite.


It has most decidedly been and excellent week.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a fun time.


<3 Dan

Related Posts with Thumbnails