17 October 2009

Cool Hand Luke


"People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point." George Carlin

I've had a terrible week. One of the worst in a very long time. Everything seemed to go wrong. And then suddenly everything changed. I had an easy midterm, I got accepted into my program, I was brave and stood up for myself, I got to see Becky, I received an unlooked for gift, and I was happy. My mom keeps telling me that I need to choose to be happy and enjoy my experiences. I should remember that some people would kill to have to deal with the petty problems I'm dealing with. She told me to learn from these experiences. Work is a lot less stressful when I perceive it to be entertainment. I'd like to be like Cool Hand Luke, smiling a cool smile even when there is nothing to smile about.

Now, back to homework, and then real work. :)

1 comment:

Becky Pitcher said...

I'm glad that you feel better, and I'm glad that I could help a little.

Related Posts with Thumbnails