06 November 2009

Poetic Cowboys

Tonight my classmate Matt and I went to see Cowboy Poetry in Heber City, UT. It was such fun. Luckily he knew some people so we got in for free and got to go backstage after the show. For those of you who dont know, Cowboy Poetry is this convention where cowboys from all over the states congregate and tell stories, jokes, sing songs, and recite poetry that they've written. It was so fun. We had watched a documentary about this in my folklore class so it was so great to go see it in person.

Check out these get-ups:





Great Moustache


I was too embarrassed to ask, but I did end up getting a photo with real cowboys


Pre-show, Matt being weird


Glaring cowfolk from over my shoulder


Auctioneer


I look exactly like my father...


I made a moustached cowboy on my hand


Matt's fake moustache freaks me out


We saw this guy in the documentary. He told great jokes.


Me with the live members of the Woody's Roundup band. Yes, the guys who won the Oscar.




Also, I made Madeleines in the shape of roses today. (And a few loaves of pumpkin bread.)My roommates have indefinitely revoked my baking privileges...

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails