07 June 2010

California


This weekend Matt and I roadtripped out to my hometown of Redding, California. Driving out there isn't bad, unless the rental car you secured doesn't have cruise control!



The Sundial Bridge




When we were walking on the river trail with one of my oldest friends, Adrienne, we found a mulberry tree. Some of the berries were too high for us so Matt had to take his shirt off (the berries stain EVERYTHING) and pull down branches for us. Mulberries are so tasty.





Skipping rocks at Brandy Creek.





The area around Whiskeytown Lake is so beautiful. It was especially green from all the rain. I shot so many photos, while we were eaten alive by mosquitoes.





Nor Cal...

My little brother graduated from High School, so some old family friends came to help us celebrate. We had a lot of really delicious foods. Matt couldn't stay away from all the berries. My mom supplied us with a refilling cache of berries. Matt was in heaven.






The day of the graduation it poured all day. We weren't sure how that would go for the walk. But by the time it started the sky was dry and beautiful.





When I'm in Utah, I miss my cat Noni. Matt loves her now too. Especially since she slept with him every night.


Saturday we went to Lake Shasta Caverns with Adrienne and Evan.



The caves were so cool. Photos from my little Cannon just don't do it justice.




Cave Bacon.




Sunday we drove back to Utah. I was unbelievably carsick almost the entire time and poor Matt had to drive a lot. We saw this lovely little gem of an election poster in Lovelock:


She needs a better photographer.


When we arrived in Utah Valley there was the most beautiful lightning storm overhead. I was still too sick to take many shots but I got this one over the Jordan Temple. I couldn't believe how colorful the sky was. I was in awe. And I am very thankful to be home and not in a car anymore.

1 comment:

Mary said...

Looks like you had a really fun trip, with Matt.

p.s. after travis went to mine and beckys home town, they got engaged like 2 weeks later :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails