13 January 2010

Why can't I get a loan?

Why is it so hard to get a loan?

I can't qualify for a Private Student Loan because I make less than $12,000 a year, and my mom has bad credit so she can't cosign.

I spent an hour on the phone trying to get a personal loan through Wells Fargo, and when I was finished I was declined, and of course the "personal banker" was not at liberty to tell me why.

I never qualify for Federal Aid because my mom's husband makes too much money, but guess what? I never see a penny of that money, so I'm NOT receiving income from my EFC.

My only option is for a Stafford Loan, but that means I have to spend hours filling out the FAFSA and that money can only be used for BYU.

I was given an opportunity to go to India with the Walden Charter School. I would have received practicum credit and a good rapport with that school in case I wanted to apply for a job there someday when I graduate, not to mention good life experience.

Now I don't know what I can do, and I have a headache, and I'm not going to India. And, I'm penniless, so I have to get a loan somehow. I may have to not go to school this summer and try to make a lot of money just working non-stop to pay for school, because my school money is absolutely gone.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails